Chesterfield Australia – COVID-19 Response
To our valued customers,
Chesterfield Australia has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it develops and following guidance and direction from the Department of Health. Our branches are currently open for business, and based on present guidance, will remain so.
We are committed to upholding our motto of ‘solutions when you need them’, and providing our usual support and service should you require it during this difficult time. However, we also take our responsibility in limiting the spread of this virus very seriously. Our utmost priority is the health and safety of our communities, customers, and team – and as such we have made some minor changes to our business to safeguard everyone’s ongoing well-being and business continuity. We would welcome and appreciate your understanding and cooperation with these new guidelines and processes.
What We’re Doing Differently:
- Temporarily ceasing Saturday trading, effective immediately, to allow us a regular time to sanitise and deep clean all our facilities.
- Encouraging customers to use contactless payment methods such as credit or debit cards where possible.
- Offering contactless parts transactions – we’re creating dedicated contact free pick-up areas in each branch. You are welcome to contact us on 1300 243 783 to place and pay for your order!
- Using digital mediums for our recruitment process – we’re using mediums such as email, video calling, digital interviews and online screening during the recruitment process to help keep our communities safe.
What We Ask of You:
- Please respect social distancing guidelines where possible – whether it’s queuing at the parts counter, waiting for our sales team, or in the shed with our service technicians.
- Contact us to reschedule pre-booked work if you are unwell/showing symptoms, have recently travelled, or have been in contact with a suspected case.
- When booking site visits, advise if you are currently in isolation or unwell. This additional measure is for the safety of our staff – your cooperation with this is greatly appreciated.
We understand some of these changes to common practices may not be second nature, and we’re grateful for your cooperation and understanding while we adjust to the current circumstances. We’ll be sure to provide any updates or changes to the situation as they come to hand. Chesterfield Australia is proud to support the agricultural industry as best we can, and as such, we welcome your feedback on these measures at any stage.
From our family to yours – thank you for your support, and please stay safe.
Chief Operating Officer